If you have been seriously injured as a result of a truck accident, your life has probably changed dramatically. Due to the large size and weight of trucks, injuries tend to be more catastrophic than those suffered in auto accidents. These injuries may include death, paralysis, a brain injury, a spinal cord injury, broken bones or neck and back injuries. The attorneys and staff at Constantinidis & Associates understand what you are going through and are committed to standing by you and assisting you through this long and difficult recovery process often filled with physical, financial and emotional challenges for you and your family.
The lawyers and staff of Constantinidis & Associates are ready, willing and able to help you get through this difficult time. We have the knowledge, experience and reputation to provide you with assistance on every aspect of your claim so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Our team will take on the trucking company’s insurance carrier and do everything in our power to ensure that you receive a fair and just settlement.
Causes of Truck Accidents
There are many reasons why there has been an increase in truck accidents on our roadways. Unfortunately, all too often, it is due to driver error or inadequate truck driver training. In fact, approximately 25% of all truck accidents are a result of avoidable driver errors.
Other causes of accidents included:
- Poor maintenance of the vehicle
- Driver inexperience
- Excessive driving distances without rest
- Imbalanced cargo load or shifting of load while in transit
- Reckless driving under road conditions
- Failure to see other vehicles on the road (blind-spot)
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
What to do After a Truck Accident
If you have been involved in a Truck Accident, you should take the following steps if possible:
- Seek medical attention immediately if you are injured
- Contact the police and have an accident report prepared
- Get the name of all parties involved, their contact information, their driver’s license number and insurance information especially of the truck driver involved
- Get the name and contact information of all witnesses
- Take photographs of the license plate of the tractor and trailer involved
- Take photographs of the scene
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Consult an experienced truck accident lawyer
Please contact our experienced truck accident lawyers today to schedule your free initial consultation.
While it is important to report the truck accident to your insurance company, you should never give a written or verbal statement regarding the details of the accident to an insurance representative until you consult with a truck accident attorney. The reason we state this is because quite often, insurance companies ask certain questions in such a manner to try to get you to provide a statement which admits fault or limits their liability. By consulting with an attorney first, you will ensure that your compensation is not unjustly reduced or compromised.